MGS 450 Series
Bacharach’s MGS-450 Refrigerant Leak Detector is designed for equipment rooms, freezers and cold rooms where refrigerants, toxic and combustible gases may be present.
The MGS-450 Refrigerant Leak Detector can be used as a standalone leak detection system, connected to the MGS-408 and MGS-402 Gas Detection Controllers or integrated with local BMS / BAS via Modbus RTU.
The MGS-450 offers a variety of pre-calibrated sensor modules that do not require calibration gas. The plug-and-play sensor modules can be quickly and easily exchanged, and no training is needed.
The refrigerant gas detector’s status can be viewed in real-time on the MGS-400 mobile app via Bluetooth. The MSG 450 can be commissioned, configured and maintained on the mobile phone app with ease and without special training or tools.
The sensors can set off the integrated audible and visual alarm to alert personnel of a refrigeration leak.
In addition, the MGS-450 Leak Detector includes an analog output and three output relays (fault, low alarm, high alarm) for local alarming, auxiliary ventilation, or refrigerant flow restriction.
MGS-400 Series | Gas Detection Product Overview
MGS-402 | Alarm Levels Demonstration
MGS-400 Series | Mobile App for Gas Detection
- • MGS-400 mobile app interface (available for Android and iOS) via Bluetooth
- • Modbus communications for integration with Bacharach’s MGS-408 controller or third-party BMS / BAS control systems
- • IP66 rated
- • Plug-and-play pre-calibrated sensor modules
- • Temperature-compensated measurements mitigate false alarms and optimise accuracy
- • Audible and Visual Alarms comply with safety regulations
- • Three relays, fully configurable, correspond to alarm thresholds (High / Low) and fault status
- • Multiple Cable Entries and Terminals enable quick and easy installation of all wiring; daisy-chain power, and digital communications
- • Suitable for use in cold rooms and freezers down to -40°C
|Measuring Range||Sensor Dependent (See Datasheet)|
|Sensitivity / Minimum Detection Limit||Sensor Dependent (See Datasheet)|
|Accuracy||SC - < -10%/+15% of Full-Scale; IR, Cat, EC - < ±5% of Full-Scale|
|Resolution||Resolution: Sensor & Gas Concentration Dependent (See Datasheet)|
|User Interface||MGS 400 Series App|
|Power||19.5 to 28.5 VDC or 24 VAC ±20%; 4W|
|Analog Communications||4 to 20 mA, 0 to 5 V, 0 to 10 V, 1 to 5 V, 2 to 10 V|
|Digital Communications||Modbus RTU via RS 485|
|Operating Voltage||24 VDC|
|Relay Rating||2 Alarm relays, 1 Fault relay SPDT|
|Wiring||1 A @ 30 VDC|
|Alarm||Alarm: Integrated Audible / Visual Alarm|
|Ambient Temperature||-40 to 122°F (-40 to +50°C)|
|Humidity||5 to 90% RH, non-condensing|
|Altitude||0 to 6,560 ft (2,000 m)|
|Status Indicator||Tri-color LED (green, red, orange)|
|Buzzer Volume||80 dB @ 10 cm|
|Product Dimensions (L×W×H)||IP41: 6.5” × 6.5” × 3.0” (165 × 165 × 77 mm)|
|IP66: 6.5” × 6.5” × 3.4” (165 × 165 × 87 mm)|